- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 4 cups kale, washed, stems and centre ribs removed and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green chilies (canned)
- 12 flour tortillas
- ½ cup light cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup salsa
- Sour cream and salsa for serving
Prep and Cook
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Combine the turkey, cumin and chili powder in a skillet set over medium-high heat and cook until the meat is no longer pink. Add 3½ cups of the kale and combine, cooking until the meat is cooked through and the kale is slightly wilted. Remove from the stovetop and transfer mixture to a medium-mixing bowl.
- 3Add the corn, 1 cup of cheese and the chilies; mix well.
- 4Spoon some of the mixture into a flour tortilla and roll the wrap up tightly, placing seam-side down in a casserole dish. Repeat with the remaining filling and tortillas.
- 5Combine the light cream, sour cream and salsa; mix well.
- 6Pour the sauce over the tortillas. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and kale. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- 7Remove the foil and bake uncovered for another 15 minutes. Serve hot with sour cream and salsa on the side if desired.
Tagged under: turkey,kale,turkey and kale enchiladas,enchiladas,enchiladas recipe