This potato pancake recipe is delicious enough for a toddler to eat and fabulous enough to serve to guests.
Makes 6-8 pancakes
- 1 large russet potato, scrubbed and grated (approx. 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium apple, scrubbed and grated (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Vegetable oil
- Sour cream or plain yogurt, for serving
- Honey, for serving
Prep and Cook
- 1Place grated potatoes and apples on a clean tea towel and wring out to remove any excess liquid (you want the potato and apple shreds to be dry). Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- 2Add egg, flour, salt, baking powder and onion powder to the mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- 3Heat 1/4-inch oil in a skillet set over medium-high heat. Drop 1/4 cup dollops into the hot oil, flattening the mounds slightly.
- 4Fry, turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until crispy brown all over. Drain pancakes on paper towel.
- 5Serve warm with sour cream or yogurt and a drizzle of honey, if desired.