Makes two 500 mL jars
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp grated fresh ginger (or ¼ tsp ground ginger)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or ¼ tsp garlic powder)
- 1 bouillon cube (chicken, beef or vegetable)
- 3 oz. rice (stick) noodles
- ¼ cup chopped assorted fresh herbs (mint, basil, parsley, cilantro)
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Prep and Cook
- 1In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Crumble the bouillon cube over top and stir to mix well. Divide the seasoning mixture evenly between the two jars, spreading it over the bottom of the vessel.
- 2Break up the noodles into smaller pieces and divide them between the jars. Do the same with the fresh herbs, carrot, corn, and green onions, layering them as you go.
- 3Bring an electric kettle to a boil and pour approximately 1 cup of water over top. Place the lid on immediately and allow the noodles to 'cook' for 5–7 minutes.
- 4Remove the lid and give the noodles a good stir, taking care to scrape any of the seasoning mix from the bottom of the jar. Eat immediately.
- 5This is really more of a method than an exact recipe. Feel free to replace the veggies with those you like best and swap the seasonings for a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice and chopped dill, if you like (but keep the bouillon cube and water).
- 6Noodle jars can be made up to three days in advance and stored in the fridge until ready to eat.
- 7You can make this meaty by adding cooked chicken or sausage to the jar as well.
- 8If using frozen vegetables be sure to thaw them first, otherwise they will cool the water quickly resulting in uncooked noodles.
Similar Related Posts:
- May 10, 2017
The Best Gift for a New Mother Is a Home-Cooked Meal
Whether you're dropping off a 'sympathy supper' or a dish for a busy new mother, these recipes travel and reheat beautifully.
- January 30, 2017
4 Surprising Dishes You Can Make in a Slow Cooker
From a four-ingredient lasagna to an impressive restaurant-quality dessert, these recipes will force you to rethink how you use your slow cooker, and introduce you to a few inspiring ideas you'll be sure to come back to time and time again.
- January 30, 2017
4-Ingredient Meaty Lasagna
Once you know how beautifully lasagna works in the slow cooker, you may never use the oven again. Keeping a batch of Bolognese in the freezer at all times helps this dinner come together with just four simple ingredients and a few hours of time.