- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup good-quality cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup good-quality chocolate chips
- ½ Tbsp butter
- Optional: whipped cream, berries, grated chocolate
Prep and Cook
- 1Combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and whisk until well combined.
- 2Add the milk and vanilla and stir until the dry ingredients have dissolved. Set the pot over medium heat and whisk continuously until the mixture thickens and can coat the back of a spoon, about 10–15 minutes. Add the chocolate chips and butter and stir until melted and glossy, about 2 minutes.
- 3Pour into a large serving bowl, or 6 individual ramekins, and cover tightly with plastic wrap. To avoid a film forming on the pudding, press the plastic wrap onto the surface of the pudding.
- 4Refrigerate for 1 hour, or up to 3 days. Serve topped with whipped cream, berries and grated chocolate if desired.
Similar Related Posts:
- December 26, 2016
The Best 3-Ingredient Last-Minute Appetizer for New Year’s Eve