- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup good-quality cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup good-quality chocolate chips
- ½ Tbsp butter
- Optional: whipped cream, berries, grated chocolate
Prep and Cook
- 1Combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and whisk until well combined.
- 2Add the milk and vanilla and stir until the dry ingredients have dissolved. Set the pot over medium heat and whisk continuously until the mixture thickens and can coat the back of a spoon, about 10–15 minutes. Add the chocolate chips and butter and stir until melted and glossy, about 2 minutes.
- 3Pour into a large serving bowl, or 6 individual ramekins, and cover tightly with plastic wrap. To avoid a film forming on the pudding, press the plastic wrap onto the surface of the pudding.
- 4Refrigerate for 1 hour, or up to 3 days. Serve topped with whipped cream, berries and grated chocolate if desired.
Similar Related Posts:
- May 17, 2017
7 Hacks to Take You from Hot Mess to Easy-Breezy Hostess
These seven clever hacks will turn you into the easy-breezy, no-sweat hostess you've always wanted to be.
- May 9, 2017
Make-Ahead Menus for Easy Entertaining on Mother's Day
If you have to entertain on Mother's Day, don't spend the day in the kitchen. Make it ahead! Follow our make-ahead menus for a Mother's Day brunch, lunch, and dinner.
- February 20, 2017
How to Host a Family-Friendly Oscar Party
Sure, your kids may not stay up late enough to watch the entire show come Sunday night, but that doesn't mean they can't help to celebrate Hollywood's biggest day of the year. Our award-worthy menu is full of kid-friendly finger foods and sweet treats that have been given the red-carpet treatment.