Serves 8 to 12
- 1 recipe for vanilla or chocolate cupcakes (or store-bought mix)
- 2 to 3 cups vanilla icing (recipe below)
- Assorted sprinkles
- Assorted vintage teacups OR silicone teacup mold
- 1 large piping bag
- 1 wide star tip (#1M)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 Tbsp milk or light cream
Prep and Cook
- 1Make your cupcakes as per your recipe directions. Place paper liners inside muffin cups and bake them as per the instructions. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before handling them.
- 2Once cooled, place the lined cupcakes inside the vintage teacups.
- 3Fill a large piping bag fitted with a wide star tip with the icing. Pipe the icing around the cupcakes, starting in the centre of the cupcake and working outwards until the top of the cupcake is completely covered and the swirl is back to the starting point (you don’t want to see any of the cupcake or liner inside the teacup).
- 4Scatter sprinkles over the top of the cupcake and set them aside until you are ready to serve.
- 5Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and blend until completely combined.