Makes 1 8’ cake
- 1 8” cake (two layers) from recipe or cake mix
- 2 cups chocolate icing
- 1 8” cake board
- 10 packages Kit Kat (about 40 Kit Kat sticks)
- 2 10 oz packages Mini Eggs
- 1 miniature stuffed bunny
- Faux Easter grass
Prep and Cook
- 1Spread a small amount of icing on the cake board and top with one of the cake layers. Frost the top of the layer and set the second cake layer on top of the first.
- 2Frost the entire cake completely, including the sides, but don’t worry about making it smooth and perfect. Stick Kit Kat pieces to the sides of the cake, covering completely, leaving a very little space in between each Kit Kat.
- 3Wrap a ribbon around the middle of the cake, and secure with a touch of icing. Fill the top of the cake with Mini Eggs, or any desired Easter candy.
- 4Top with a decorative bunny and transfer the cake to stand covered with faux Easter grass.
- 5To slice the cake, remove the ribbon and slide the knife between the KitKat pieces, cutting through to the centre of the cake.