There is nothing easier to make and serve to a large crowd than a baked ham. Make it a maple and citrus glazed ham and you’ll be a bigger star than the Easter Bunny!
Maple & Citrus Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 8–10 lb ham, bone-in
- 2 ½ cups apple juice
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Place ham on a rack in roasting pan.
- 3Pour 2 cups apple juice over the top of the ham.
- 4Cover ham with a lid or tinfoil and bake in preheated oven on middle rack for 18-20 minutes/lb (approx. 2 ½ hrs).
- 5Meanwhile, whisk together ½ cup apple juice, maple syrup, brown sugar, orange zest and juice, and Dijon mustard in a small saucepan, over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- 6Cook, stirring for about 10 minutes or until glaze starts to thicken.
- 7Set glaze aside until needed.
- 8Bake ham uncovered for 1 hour longer, basting frequently with glaze.
- 9Add water to the bottom of the pan if apple juice evaporates.
- 10Transfer ham to a cutting board, cover loosely with tinfoil and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- 11Slice ham, avoiding the bone, and serve on large platter.
Tagged under: ham,ham recipe,christmas ham,maple ham,maple and citrus,ham glaze,easter ham,glazed ham