- ½ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 all-natural and/or organic hot dogs, cut into 1" chunks
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F and thoroughly grease a muffin tin.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar, and stir until combined. Add the eggs and buttermilk, and mix well.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir, just until combined.
- 4Scoop 2–3 tablespoons of batter into the muffin tin and insert a piece of hot dog into the centre of the batter. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining batter (you may need to wash and re-grease your baking pan) and hot dogs.
- 5Serve with ketchup and mustard.