- 6 cups mixed greens or baby spinach
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp cocoa nibs
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice, about 1 large orange
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 2 grinds fresh ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp grapeseed oil
Prep and Cook
- 1Place mixed greens in a large bowl and cover with the dried cranberries, cocoa nibs, orange segments and goat cheese. Toss to combine.
- 2To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon, salt and pepper. Drizzle in the oil while whisking continuously until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Serve dressing over the salad or on the side.
- 3Salad ingredients can be evenly distributed between four plates in lieu of one big bowl.
- 4Similar in texture to nuts, cocoa nibs are unprocessed chocolate pieces that haven’t been sweetened. They can be purchased at specialty supermarkets, bulk food stores and most health food stores.