- 12 large scallops, rinsed and dried
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cut in half cross-wise
- 4 wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for 15 minutes
- Salt and pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the broiler and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 2Wrap each scallop with a piece of bacon, sliding 3 pieces onto a wooden skewer. Place the bacon-wrapped scallops onto the prepared baking sheet and lightly season them with salt and pepper.
- 3Cook for 8–12 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through and crispy, turning once mid-way through. Serve warm or at room temperature, alongside a simple green salad for light summer eating.
- 4Serve the skewers with a lime sour cream made by mixing ½ cup sour cream with the juice of 1 lime, and a tablespoon of chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Scallop skewers can be cooked on a preheated and oiled grill.
- 6The skewers can be prepared in advance. Wrap the scallops with the bacon and store covered in the fridge until ready to cook.
Tagged under: bacon-wrapped scallop skewers,scallop skewers,skewer recipes