These crispy-chewy cocoa peanut butter bars are loaded with filling ingredients that also happen to be good for you. Cut and wrap them individually or pack them into a large resealable container for a perfect travel snack that won’t crumble all over the seats.
Adapted from Dinner with Julie
Makes 18 bars
Cocoa Peanut Butter Bars (Made with Seeds)
- 3 cups brown rice cereal
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup cocoa
Prep and Cook
- 1Spray the inside of a large bowl with non-stick spray. Combine the cereal, oats, and seeds and set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, honey, cinnamon and salt over medium heat. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa.
- 3Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated. This will take some work as the peanut butter mixture is quite thick. Keep working it until all of the dry ingredients are well combined.
- 4Press into a greased 9x13-inch pan. Cool at room temperature before cutting into bars.
Similar Related Posts:
- August 2, 2017
Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Muffins
While it's definitely clear that the internet is not lacking banana bread recipes, this one is by far one of my favourites because it combines all the traditional ingredients you'd find in a banana bread with a few healthy twists - like spelt flour and Greek yogurt.