These crispy-chewy cocoa peanut butter bars are loaded with filling ingredients that also happen to be good for you. Cut and wrap them individually or pack them into a large resealable container for a perfect travel snack that won’t crumble all over the seats.
Adapted from Dinner with Julie
Makes 18 bars
Cocoa Peanut Butter Bars (Made with Seeds)
- 3 cups brown rice cereal
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup cocoa
Prep and Cook
- 1Spray the inside of a large bowl with non-stick spray. Combine the cereal, oats, and seeds and set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, honey, cinnamon and salt over medium heat. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa.
- 3Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated. This will take some work as the peanut butter mixture is quite thick. Keep working it until all of the dry ingredients are well combined.
- 4Press into a greased 9x13-inch pan. Cool at room temperature before cutting into bars.
Similar Related Posts:
- February 8, 2018
Homemade Whole Wheat and Oats Pancake Mix in a Jar
Making your own pancake mixes are pretty simple and beneficial. They're typically made with things you likely have on hand, and in addition to the health benefits of homemade goods versus packaged ones, you'll also save a bit of money.
- February 6, 2018
4 Surprising Dishes You Can Make in a Slow Cooker
From a four-ingredient lasagna to an impressive restaurant-quality dessert, these recipes will force you to rethink how you use your slow cooker, and introduce you to a few inspiring ideas you'll be sure to come back to time and time again.