- ½ cup panko or traditional breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped apple
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups any variety barbecue sauce
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
Prep and Cook
- 1In a small bowl combine the panko (or breadcrumbs) and milk and set aside.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a small skillet and cook the onion, apple and garlic over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- 3Place the ground turkey, ricotta, sage, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the panko mixture and the sauteed apple mixture and mix with your hands. Form the meatballs (about 24) and arrange in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- 4Whisk together the barbecue and apple sauces and pour over the meatballs. Cover the crock-pot and cook on low for 6 hours.
Similar Related Posts:
- February 20, 2017
How to Host a Family-Friendly Oscar Party
Sure, your kids may not stay up late enough to watch the entire show come Sunday night, but that doesn't mean they can't help to celebrate Hollywood's biggest day of the year. Our award-worthy menu is full of kid-friendly finger foods and sweet treats that have been given the red-carpet treatment.