- ½ cup panko or traditional breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped apple
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups any variety barbecue sauce
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
Prep and Cook
- 1In a small bowl combine the panko (or breadcrumbs) and milk and set aside.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a small skillet and cook the onion, apple and garlic over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- 3Place the ground turkey, ricotta, sage, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the panko mixture and the sauteed apple mixture and mix with your hands. Form the meatballs (about 24) and arrange in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- 4Whisk together the barbecue and apple sauces and pour over the meatballs. Cover the crock-pot and cook on low for 6 hours.
Similar Related Posts:
- May 17, 2017
7 Hacks to Take You from Hot Mess to Easy-Breezy Hostess
These seven clever hacks will turn you into the easy-breezy, no-sweat hostess you've always wanted to be.
- May 9, 2017
Make-Ahead Menus for Easy Entertaining on Mother's Day
If you have to entertain on Mother's Day, don't spend the day in the kitchen. Make it ahead! Follow our make-ahead menus for a Mother's Day brunch, lunch, and dinner.