Shredded Tex-Mex Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 cups salsa
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 tsp chili powder
Prep and Cook
- Place chicken thighs in a single layer at the bottom of a slow cooker and season well with salt and pepper, before pouring the lime juice over the chicken pieces.
- In a small bowl whisk together the salsa, cumin, paprika, oregano and chili powder. Pour the salsa mixture over the chicken, spreading it evenly to cover the meat.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours (or high for 3 hours).
- To serve, remove the chicken from the cooker and place it in a bowl. Using two forks, pull the meat apart to shred it. Place it back in the cooker and toss with the sauce before serving.