- 1 cup quinoa (red or white)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 can (28 oz) chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, fresh cilantro
Prep and Cook
- 1In a strainer, rinse quinoa under running water and drain thoroughly.
- 2Place quinoa, water and salt in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for approximately 15 minutes (or until the water is absorbed and quinoa is tender).
- 4Remove pot from the heat, fluff with a fork, and let stand.
- 5Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat.
- 6Add onion, garlic, carrots and celery to the pot and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 7Add the remaining ingredients (minus the toppings), stirring until combined and bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 30 minutes (or longer).
- 9Just before serving, stir in cooked quinoa.
- 10Ladle chili into bowls and top with shredded cheese and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
Similar Related Posts:
- May 10, 2017
The Best Gift for a New Mother Is a Home-Cooked Meal
Whether you're dropping off a 'sympathy supper' or a dish for a busy new mother, these recipes travel and reheat beautifully.
- January 30, 2017
4 Surprising Dishes You Can Make in a Slow Cooker
From a four-ingredient lasagna to an impressive restaurant-quality dessert, these recipes will force you to rethink how you use your slow cooker, and introduce you to a few inspiring ideas you'll be sure to come back to time and time again.
- January 30, 2017
4-Ingredient Meaty Lasagna
Once you know how beautifully lasagna works in the slow cooker, you may never use the oven again. Keeping a batch of Bolognese in the freezer at all times helps this dinner come together with just four simple ingredients and a few hours of time.