Is a frozen chocolate banana popsicle a delicious summer dessert or a wonderful afternoon treat?
It’s actually both! (It could also be breakfast.)
Vary up the sprinkles or do crushed nuts like the Disney World frozen bananas. This is frozen, chocolate-y yumminess that you can feel good about.
- 5–6 bananas
- Popsicle sticks
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- Assorted sprinkles or crushed nuts
Prep and Cook
- 1Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Peel the bananas and slice 1" off of one end to create a straight surface.
Insert the popsicle stick 1-2" into the end of the banana.
Repeat with the remaining bananas.
Place the baking sheet into the freezer for 10-15 minutes to partially freeze the bananas.
- 3Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a glass bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
Dip each banana into the chocolate, turning to coat evenly on all sides.
- 4Set bananas on the baking sheet and cover with sprinkles or nuts.
- 5Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until the banana is frozen solid.
Tagged under: summer desserts,summer dessert,easy summer dessert,No-Bake Summer Desserts