This sweet slaw is the ideal lunchbox salad, thanks to the grated fruit and vegetables that are easy to eat with minimal mess. The acid in the vinaigrette keeps the apple and pear bits from turning brown, and the sunflower seeds add a boost of protein to the dish.
- 1 beet, washed and trimmed
- 1 large carrot, washed and trimmed
- 1 pear, washed, cored and quartered
- 1 apple, washed, cored and quartered
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
Prep and Cook
- 1Grate the vegetables using the grating disc of your food processor or a standard box grater, and transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lime juice and honey. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- 3To serve, fill a small container or bowl with the salad and top with some of the sunflower seeds.