Craving a tropical vacation? This banana bread can just about get you there. Lower in sugar and fat than many similar banana bread recipes, yet loaded with a ton of tropical flavour, now you can let the taste of coconut, pineapple and banana take you on that coveted mini-vacation to the beach.
Makes one 10×4-inch loaf
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- ½ cup finely chopped dried pineapple
- 1 cup mashed banana (approx. 2-3 bananas)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut chips
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 10x4-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the orange juice and dried pineapple and set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, stir together the mashed banana, brown sugar, cane sugar, egg, egg white, coconut oil, and yogurt.
- 4Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon over the wet ingredients and fold until almost completely combined.
- 5Add the orange juice/pineapple mixture and the coconut chips and stir just until incorporated.
- 6Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the centre is set and a tester inserted into the middle of loaf comes out clean.