This easy to eat finger food is filling enough to act as a meal replacement when you’re travelling by car or plane. Feel free to prepare these the day before you leave, storing the unbaked taquitos in the refrigerator, covered in plastic wrap. Pop them in the oven just before you’re ready to go, making sure you leave enough time for them to cool before packing in a lidded container.
- 8 eight-inch multi-grain or whole-wheat tortillas
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 32 slices mild salami
- Dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2Place a tortilla on work surface. Spread with 1½ tablespoons pizza sauce. Cover with ¼ cup shredded cheese and place 4 slices of salami down the middle of the tortilla. Sprinkle with dried oregano.
- 3Tightly roll up the tortilla and secure with a toothpick; place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- 4Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings Brush the top of each taquito with some of the olive oil and bake on the top rack of the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until tortillas begin to brown and crisp and the cheese starts to melt.
- 5Cool for 5 minutes before serving.