If you’re like me and you’ve made more turkey soup that you can possibly eat, I thought it might be fun to share some other ideas for how to use up all the leftover poultry that’s likely lingering in your fridge.
I took to the Internet and opened a few of my favourite cookbooks, and came up with the following ideas. I don’t know how I haven’t made most of these before, but now that I know leftovers can yield such delicious results, you can bet that I’ll be increasing the size of my next turkey in order to have leftovers for these great ideas:
1. Turkey Cobb Salad: Perfect for the work or school lunch box, this salad is composed of chopped romaine, diced turkey, creamy avocado, crisp bacon, and crumbled feta. A blue cheese dressing or simple vinaigrette will finish the dish off perfectly.
2. Turkey, Cranberry and Brie Quesadillas: Brush two whole grain tortillas with olive oil. Place both pieces oil-side down in a cast-iron skillet and top each with shredded turkey, a dollop of cranberry sauce and slices of Brie. Top with another tortilla (also brushed with oil and placed oil-side up) and grill, flipping when the bottom is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
3. Pasta with Turkey, Mushrooms, Peas and Lemon Cream: Cook up some pasta. In a small skillet, combine chopped turkey, sliced mushrooms, frozen peas and a drizzle of olive oil. Cook until the peas are thawed and the mushrooms have browned. Add a splash of cream, some lemon zest and toss with the pasta.
4. Turkey Shepherd’s Pie: Make the usual recipe, swapping the beef for turkey and replace Yukon Golds with sweet potatoes.
5. Turkey and Caramelized Onion Pizza: Top your favourite dough with shredded turkey, caramelized onions and mozzarella.
6. Turkey Club Sandwich: Chopped turkey, bacon, lettuce, sundried tomatoes and mayonnaise sandwiched between two thick slices of rye bread. Serve grilled or at room temperature.
Similar Related Posts:
Dessert for Breakfast: Apple & Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
This recipe includes creamy peanut butter, sweet and tangy apples and a hint of cinnamon and vanilla. And it's sure to shoo away the winter blues for the whole family.
Rich and Creamy Chocolate Tart - Gluten-Free and Vegan!
With Valentine’s Day approaching, I've been thinking about what special treat to make for my family.