- 16 oz (500g) can tomatoes
- 6 cups turkey broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled, thinly sliced
- ½ cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cups turkey, cooked, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup rice (long grain, wild)
Prep and Cook
- 1In a large soup pot, over medium-high heat, combine tomatoes, turkey broth, water, salt, pepper, onion, carrot, and celery, and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce to low and simmer 10-15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- 3Add turkey and rice; return to boil 15 minutes or until rice is tender (see package for cooking time).