Can I confess a secret? I’m a little obsessed with buying balloons, and purchase a bag every single time I’m at a store that sells them. No joke. I think I have hundreds and hundreds of different kinds of balloons in my cabinet, and it makes me ridiculously happy to know that I’m capable of producing simple decorations at a moment’s notice.
Balloons aren’t the only things I keep on hand. As someone who entertains a lot, and writes about parties even more, it’s imperative that I keep a few essentials on site for celebrations. Here are the supplies I keep well stocked in my party supply cabinet:
1. Balloons: Assorted sizes, colours, shapes and materials
2. Candles: Tall and skinny, assorted colours, numbers and letters
3. Paper: Crepe paper, tissue paper, cardstock and a roll of butcher paper
4. Paper Napkins: Solid colours, patterned, cocktail, dinner, rectangular and square
5. Straws: Striped, solid, patterned, thick, thin, wacky, with moustaches, etc.
6. Wooden Skewers: Long, short and shaped
7. Decorations: Paper lanterns, bunting and banners, ribbon and confetti
8. Cake Accessories: Assorted cupcake liners, cake stands and flags
Did I miss anything? Is there something you always keep in stock for your parties and celebrations?