How to Celebrate Someone with a December Birthday
Most people with a December birthday agree that it can easily be swept up and swallowed by the holiday season. Here are some ideas for recognizing a child with a December birthday, along with some dos and don’ts for honouring those who celebrate turning another year older this month:
If your child has a December birthday here are a few inspiring ideas to help you plan a special celebration:
- With most areas of Canada limiting social gatherings inside, why not plan an outdoor afternoon of fun for your family? Go sledding or skating, or maybe even just a winter hike
- Plan a winter scavenger hunt and finish it off with hot chocolate by a fire
- In lieu of cupcakes, why not make a no-bake mini Yule log cake for the birthday celebration
- Be sure to include all the usual birthday party elements, like loot bags (even if it’s just for family, it can be fun and special)
And here are a few dos and don’ts for celebrating those with a December birthday:
- Don’t wrap birthday presents in holiday paper or anything that’s green and red.
- Be sure to make time for the special birthday boy or girl despite it being the busiest time of the year for most.
- Do buy a proper birthday card. Don’t give a holiday card with a birthday message written inside.
Do you (or someone in your household) celebrate a birthday in December? How do you separate it from the rest of the festive season? And what are your plans for this unique year? We’d love to hear your ideas for having a merry birthday this month!