Best for: Ages 5–7
Take your activities far and have the kids make a cupcake in a jar.
- Supervising adults
- Paper plates or trays
- 125 ml mason jars, 1 per guest
- 1 cupcake per guest
- Small piping bag filled with icing per guest
- Small bowl of sprinkles per guest
- Plastic knife per guest
- Baker’s twine (optional)
What to Do:
- Ask guests to wash their hands before starting.
- Give each party guest a paper plate or tray filled with a 125 ml mason jar, a cupcake, a small piping bag filled with icing, a small bowl of sprinkles and a plastic knife.
- Demonstrate to the guests how to assemble the cupcake in a jar, using the instructions in the recipe.
- Assist the kids with the cutting of the cupcake and piping of the icing, if necessary.
- Allow the kids to eat their cupcake as one of the party treats or affix the lid to the jar, tie baker’s twine around the rim and send it home as a part of their loot bags.