Official |Dove Nourishing |Contest Rules
1. The SavvyMom ‘Dove Nourishing’ contest (the “Contest”) runs from 12:00:01 a.m. ET on Thursday, March 9, 2006 to 11:59:59 p.m. EST on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 (the “Contest Period”) and is sponsored by SavvyMom Media Inc. (the “Sponsor”).
How to Enter and Eligibility
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
Every person who is, or becomes, a registered subscriber (a “Subscriber”) to the Sponsor’s Savvymom.ca newsletter (subscription is free) during the Contest Period will be automatically credited with one (1) entry in the Contest. Subscribers who receive by e-mail the Sponsor’s Savvymom.ca newsletter during the Contest Period may also obtain additional entries into the Contest by clicking on the link advertising the Contest which appears on the newsletter and forwarding the newsletter to another person via the Forward-to-a-Friend link. The referring subscriber will be credited with one (1) additional Contest entry for each person to whom the newsletter has been forwarded, to a maximum of twelve (12) entries. Entrants must only use the official Forward-to-a Friend link for these purposes and must not use any spamming programs, automated devices or similar means to forward the newsletter. Persons who receive the forwarded newsletter who are not Subscribers are not able to forward the newsletter using the link provided and are not automatically entered for the Contest. If they become a Subscriber, they will be credited with one (1) entry and, if they themselves receive a further edition of the Sponsor’s newsletter during the Contest Period may also obtain additional entries by forwarding the newsletter using the link provided, as described above. No purchase of any kind is required to enter the Contest or to subscribe to the Sponsor’s newsletter. (The Sponsor does not collect or store the e-mail addresses of any other person provided by the referring subscriber, except where that other person in turn becomes a Subscriber and provides his/her e-mail address voluntarily for that purpose). In order to be eligible for the Contest, entries must be received by no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET March 15, 2006.
3. The Contest is open to all Canadian citizens who, as at the time of entering the Contest, are eighteen (18) years of age or older, excluding employees of the Sponsor, Unilever Canada Inc. or their respective advertising and promotional agencies and members of the immediate family of, or persons living in the same household as, such employees.
4. There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won in the Contest, consisting of a “Dove Nourishing basket”, provided by Harbinger Communications Inc. (HC) and Unilever Canada Inc. The “Dove Nourishing Basket” includes products valued at $250.00. Once the winner has been selected and confirmed as a winner in accordance with these Official Contest Rules, all arrangements for the timing and delivery of the Grand Prize will be made directly between the winner and HC and the Sponsor makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the Grand Prize. All arrangements for, and delivery and performance of, the Grand Prize must be completed by no later than June 1, 2006. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $250.00 CDN.
5. A random draw to select the potential Grand Prize winner will be conducted by the Sponsor or its representatives on or about March 31, 2006 from among all eligible credited entries. The odds of being selected depend on the total number of eligible entries received. The Sponsor or its representatives will attempt to contact the selected entrant by e-mail periodically for a period (the “Contact Period”) of up to ten (10) business days following the draw date at the e-mail address provided by the entrant at the time of entry. If, by the end of the Contact Period, the selected entrant cannot be contacted, or has failed to respond to any e-mail left by the Sponsor or its representatives or if, for any reason, the Grand Prize cannot be awarded to that selected entrant, that selected entrant will be disqualified and shall no longer have any entitlement to receive the Grand Prize and the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, randomly select another Contest entrant whom it shall attempt to contact, and who shall be subject to disqualification, in the same manner. The Sponsor is not obliged to attempt to contact or otherwise communicate with any entrant, other than the selected entrant.
6. In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical, skill-testing question, to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time and must complete and return the Sponsor’s form of Contest Declaration and Release referred to in Rule 11 within three (3) days of delivery of same by Sponsor, confirming compliance with these Official Contest Rules and releasing the Sponsor, Unilever Canada Inc. and their affiliates and respective employees, directors, officers, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Contest Group”) from and against all liability in connection with the Contest and the awarding of prizes. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify the selected entrant’s compliance with these Official Contest Rules before declaring such entrant to be the winner.
7. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Sponsor’s, or its agent’s or representative’s, network/server equipment and related records, subject to review by the Contest judges.
8. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded. It may not be transferred or substituted for another prize (other than at the sole discretion of the Sponsor). The Sponsor reserves the right, for any reason whatsoever, in its sole and absolute discretion, to award a substitute prize of equivalent or greater value, including without limitation a cash award.
9. All decision(s) of the Contest judges, who may be employees of the Sponsor or independent contractors, are final with respect to all aspects of the Contest, including, without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries. All entries are the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering the Contest, all contestants accept, and agree to abide and be bound by, these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest judges.
10. By entering this Contest, each entrant and purported entrant absolves and releases the Contest Group from any and any demands, claims, suits or liability of any kind arising out of, or in connection with, any injury, damage or loss to person or property, or related costs or expenses, which may be suffered or incurred by such entrant or purported entrant as a result of participation, or attempted participation, in the Contest, compliance or non-compliance with these Official Contest Rules and/or acceptance and use of the Grand Prize, and each selected entrant agrees to sign the Sponsor’s form of Declaration and Release in this regard. Declaration and Release documents will be faxed (if selected entrant has a fax number) or delivered by courier to the selected entrant, and must be returned by fax (to the number indicated on the Declaration and Release form) or by return courier, to the fax number or address, as applicable, indicated by the Sponsor or its representatives, within three (3) days after delivery thereof by the Sponsor or its representatives. Once the Declaration and Release documents are completed, signed by the selected entrant and received by the Sponsor, details regarding arrangements for the Grand Prize will be communicated to the winner. The Contest Group: (i) shall not bear any liability arising from or in any way related to the Contest or the Grand Prize; (ii) without limiting the generality of the foregoing, assume no responsibility for: lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, incomplete or misdirected contest entries; any failure of the Sponsor’s web site during the Contest Period; any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, facilities or computer equipment or software; any failure of (or delay in) any e-mail or other electronic transmission to be received or sent by the Sponsor or its agents on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; or any combination of the foregoing, including any injury or damage to any entrant’s, purported entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from any person’s participation or attempted participation in the Contest, including without limitation use of the Sponsor’s website or the sending or receiving of e-mails; (ii) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Grand Prize, and (iii) disclaim any implied warranty.
11. The Sponsor reserves the right to change the terms of the Contest or terminate it at any time. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, fraud, technical failures or any other reason beyond its control, The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, including selecting the winner from previously received valid entries.
12. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person that it find to be in violation of these Official Contest Rules or tampering with the Sponsor’s website or the Contest entry process. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site, obtain unauthorized access to the computer of another person or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of the law and, should such an attempt be made by any person, SavvyMom Media reserves the right, in addition to disqualifying any such person from the Contest, to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13. By entering this Contest, all entrants consent and agree to the use of their name, address, likeness and photo for any advertising, publicity and marketing purposes, without compensation.
14. This Contest and the terms and conditions contained in these Official Contest Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein and all entrants and purported entrants expressly attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts thereof. This Contest is void where prohibited.