Our message to you is simple: we love Centreville.
If you’re looking for a place to take the family that’s not far away, but still feels like a real adventure, look no further than Centreville. Located smack-dab in the middle of Toronto Island—our favourite downtown oasis—is an amusement park filled with attractions for the smallest and biggest kids in the family.
Your day begins with the excitement of a ferry ride and doesn’t stop—you can visit the ducks, Far Enough Farm, the Bumble Bees, an antique carousel, touring cars and more. Plus there are special events all summer long.
A few savvy tips on how to maximize your time with small children can make the trip so much better. Here are our top five:
- Get there early. Catch the 9:00 ferry (you’re up anyway), be the first through the gates when the park opens and you’ll have your pick of rides with no line-ups.
- Buy the All Day Pass online before you get there and save. Not only are prices lower when purchased online than at the park, but you’ll also avoid another line-up and potential meltdown situation.
- Bring a camera. There will be many photo-ops and memorable moments to capture.
- Expect to get wet. Pack a bathing suit, easy-to-change-into clothing like sundresses or dry t-shirts, towels, sunscreen and hats. Waterproof shoes are appropriate footwear so the gang can run and play but also get wet if necessary.
- Make sure both adults have charged cell phones (or walkie talkies) so they can find each other when separated.
Some good-to-know dates might help you plan your visits. The park is open on weekends during the month of May, and beginning June 1 will be open daily until August, then back to weekends in September. June 16-20 is Beasley Bear’s Teddy Bear Picnic and July 4-6 is the exciting and fun filled KidsFest.
Get thee to the ferry for a day at Centreville, because it’s great to be a kid!