Makes 10 small fritters
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup peeled, diced Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 Tbsp minced green onion
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. whole whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup grated white cheddar cheese
- canola oil, for frying
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp dill weed
Prep and Cook
- 1Place the cauliflower and potato in a saucepan and cover with lightly salted water. Set over high heat and bring to a boil. Cook the vegetables until they are fork tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- 2Mash the potatoes and cauliflower with a fork or potato masher and add the green onion, salt, garlic, flour, eggs and cheese to the bowl. Stir well to combine. The mixture should be slightly denser than pancake batter. If it isn’t, add another tablespoon of flour and stir well.
- 3Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add 1-2 teaspoons of canola oil to the pan and swirl it around coating the bottom of the pan. Using a ¼ cup measure, scoop the batter into the skillet, flattening the fritters slightly with the bottom of the measuring cup. Cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more oil to the pan as needed.
- 4To make the dipping sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well. Serve the fritters warm with a large dollop of the dip.