Infused with tangy buttermilk and grainy Dijon, and topped with a chunky avocado relish, this family-friendly dinner will happily remind everyone that summer is less than three months away.
- 1lb. ground chicken
- 1 Tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 whole-grain buns, any type
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Suggested garnishes: lettuce, bacon, tomato, onion, and pickles
Prep and Cook
- 1Combine the panko and the buttermilk in a small bowl, and stir to combine. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes, or until the bread crumbs are softened.
- 2In a medium-size mixing bowl add the chicken, mustard, egg yolk, oregano, and garlic. Add the panko and buttermilk, and, using your hands, mix everything together until it is well combined.
- 3Divide the mixture into four, and with dampened hands, shape each section into patties. Place the burgers on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and bake the chicken burgers for 15–20 minutes, or until they are cooked through completely.
- 5While the chicken is cooking, place the avocado, lemon juice, garlic and mayonnaise in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until combined but still somewhat chunky.
- 6When the burgers are cooked, place each patty on a bun and top it with some of the avocado relish. Garnish the burger as desired.
Tagged under: family friendly recipe,chicken burger recipe,chicken burger,avocado relish,avocado topping