Chicken and Pineapple Satay Flowers
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Flower shaped cookie cutters
Prep and Cook
- In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and sesame oil.
- Cut the chicken thighs in half, and toss with the marinade. Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- While the meat is resting, slice the pineapple and cut into assorted flower shapes using cookie cutters and set aside.
- Set a skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Place chicken and marinade into skilled and cook until chicken is cooked through, approximately 7 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and allow to cool. Place two pieces of chicken onto a small skewer and stick one of the pineapple flowers on the end.