- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup granulated or cane sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup prepared chili
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 375˚F and thoroughly grease a muffin tin.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar, and stir until combined. Add the eggs and buttermilk, and mix well.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir, just until combined.
- 4Scoop 1–2 tablespoons of the batter into the muffin tin. Add a tablespoon or so of the chili and top with more cornbread batter, covering the chili.
- 5Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
Tagged under: cornbread recipes,cornbread,chile-stuffed cornbread muffins,cornbread muffins