Molasses-Glazed Meatloaf & Veggie ‘Muffins’
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchini, trimmed and grated
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
Prep and Cook
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. In a small bowl mix together the breadcrumbs and milk and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet set over medium heat and saute the onion, carrots, garlic and zucchini until soft but not browned, about 4 minutes. Remove from the stovetop and allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the ground beef, salt, egg, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Add the breadcrumb mixture and veggies, and mix well.
- Divide the beef into 12 equal portions shaping each into a large ball; press into the muffin tin. In a small bowl whisk together the glaze ingredients and brush over the meatloaves.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes or until cooked through and the glaze is thick and sticky. Allow to cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.