High in vitamins A and K, fibre-filled broccoli is both healthy and filling. This delicious scramble combines broccoli and eggs for a taste-bud friendly meal for baby.
Egg and Broccoli Scramble
TIP: Short on time? Instead of preparing your own broccoli purée, use a jar or squeeze pouch of baby broccoli purée instead.
Yield: ¾ cup
Servings: 1 serving
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes steam broccoli, 5-10 minutes to cook
Total Time: 30-45 minutes
- ½ cup (125 mL) broccoli florets
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) breast milk or formula
Prep and Cook
- 1Steam or boil broccoli florets until very tender. Drain if necessary and mash or purée until you have your desired consistency. Let cool, then place in a sealed container in the fridge until ready to use.
- 2Whisk egg. Whisk in ¼ cup (60 mL) broccoli purée and breast milk or formula until well combined.
- 3Heat a pan over medium heat. Add egg and broccoli mixture and cook, stirring often, until eggs are scrambled and completely cooked through.
- 4Remove from heat, let cool and chop into tiny pieces that your baby can manage.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Egg, fresh, whole, raw, 1 large
- Broccoli, cooked, 1/4 cup, chopped
- Infant formula, CARNATION GOOD START, with iron, ready-to-feed, 15 mL
- Calories 95.9
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 186.9 mg
- Sodium 89.5 mg
- Potassium 193.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fibre 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 7.5 g