This is an easy Family Meal if you have some leftover flank steak, but it’s just as good if cooked the same night.
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves/bunch
- 2 grilled bell peppers
- 1 bunch grilled asparagus (leftover from dinner party)
- 2 Tbsp red onion, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled (or use feta or goat)
- Flank steak (grilled), cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep and Cook
- 1Toss together spinach leaves, peppers, asparagus and onion in a large salad bowl.
- 2Whisk or blend vinegar, olive oil, Dijon and garlic in measuring cup or mixing bowl until smooth.
- 3Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Add dressing, 1 Tbsp at a time, to salad and toss gently to coat.
- 5Arrange salad on individual plates.
- 6Add tomatoes, crumbled cheese, and steak to the top of the salad.
- 7Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.
Tagged under: salad,steak salad,steak,flank steak,flank steak salad