Beets are making a comeback these days and after tasting this salad, it’s not surprising.
- 1 bunch of beets (or 3 medium)
- 2 tart apples, unpeeled, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbled
- ½ cup very thinly sliced fresh fennel
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1 ½ tsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp celery seed
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- chopped dill for garnish
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Wash beets, but do not peel.
- 3Wrap beets individually in tin foil and place on middle rack in the middle of the oven.
- 4Bake for 30-40 minutes or until tender when pierced with a sharp knife.
- 5Cool, peel, and cut in half, then slice halves into thin slices. Mix together with apple slices and fennel in a salad bowl.
- 6Combine dressing ingredients and stir gently into salad. Garnish with dill and goat cheese. Serve as an appetizer course with your favourite crusty bread.
Tagged under: salad,beets,roasted beet salad