This quick and easy recipe has all the ingredients that kids like and it can just as easily be served for brunch as for dinner.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
- 2 cups steamed broccoli florets, chopped (or use frozen)
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 cup old cheddar or feta cheese
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup cream
- Fresh thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cook onions in melted butter and oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- 3Add potatoes and cook for another 3 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle broccoli, ham and cheese over the potatoes and onions.
- 5In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, thyme and pepper.
- 6Pour egg mixture over the cheese and transfer skillet to pre-heated oven.
- 7Bake frittata until the top is golden brown and egg mixture is set (approximately 20 minutes).
- 8Cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting and serving in wedges.