An instant classic. You’ll never make any other pizza dough recipe again.
- 3 ¾ cups bread or all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp instant or other active dry yeast
- ¾ tsp fine salt
- ¾ tsp granulated sugar
- 1 ⅓ cup room-temperature water
Prep and Cook
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, yeast, salt and sugar.
- 2Add the water and, using the end of a wooden spoon or your hand, mix until blended. The dough will be stiff, not sticky. Knead for 1 minute. Cover the bowl and let sit at room temperature until the dough has more than doubled in size, about 3 hours.
- 3Shape the dough into a large ball and lightly dust the top with flour. Cover with a towel and let rise for an additional 30 minutes.
- 4When you are ready to make a pizza, preheat oven to 500°F, roll out the dough and press it into an oiled baking sheet. Cover with toppings and bake for 15–20 minutes or until the pizza dough is crisp and the cheese is thoroughly melted.