- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, peeled and grated
- 1 large carrot, peeled, trimmed and grated
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 dz small buns
Prep and Cook
- 1Warm olive oil in a medium skillet set over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Add onion and grated carrots and stir to combine, cooking for 2–3 minutes or until vegetables have softened.
- 2Add ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and garlic powder to skillet and mix well with a wooden spoon. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3Spoon meat mixture onto the bottom half of the buns. Top with the second half and serve warm.