Artist Canvas Cookies
Makes 16 cookies
- 1 batch of sugar cookie dough
- Pre-made white fondant
- Powdered sugar
- Light corn syrup
- Edible food markers
Prep and Cook
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make cookie dough as per recipe directions. Using a 3” x 3” square cookie cutter, cut out 16 cookies and place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 13 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through. Allow cookies to cool completely.
- Lightly cover work surface with powdered sugar. Knead fondant with hands until it’s smooth and pliable and resembles Play-Doh. Using a rolling pin, roll fondant to ¼” thickness and cut out 16 squares using the same cookie cutter.
- When cookies are cool, use a pastry brush and cover the top of each with light corn syrup. Press a piece of fondant onto one of the cookies, lining up the sides evenly. Repeat with remaining cookies and allow fondant-covered cookies to dry for 1 hour.
- Draw on the fondant with edible food markers to create an original masterpiece.