Crispy Carnival Cake
Rice Krispie squares round off in this delightful and unique nut-free birthday cake.
- 8 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup candy-covered chocolate sprinkles
- ¼ cup butter
- 5 cups regular marshmallows
- 1 cup red-tinted icing
- 1 cup yellow-tinted icing
Prep and Cook
- Place the cereal and sprinkles in a large mixing bowl. Grease an 8” round cake pan (bottoms and sides) and set aside.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large saucepan. Add the marshmallows and cook until melted, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and work quickly to combine with a plastic spatula. Pour it into the greased cake pan and press down with the spatula or your fingers to ensure an even surface. The cereal mixture should fill the entire cake pan.
- Let the cake sit, uncovered, for 1 to 2 hours.
- Slide a butter knife around the perimeter of the cake pan to loosed the cake and invert it onto a cake stand.
- Fill two piping bags with the red and yellow icing, and fit them with a star tip (#32). Pipe alternating stars around the top and bottom edge of the cake.
- Decorate with candles or cake topper.