Forget sloppy pizza slices’these pretzel bites satisfy your pizza lovers without the mess.
- 1 ball store-bought or homemade pizza dough
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pepperoni, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt
- Dried oregano
- ½ cup tomato or pizza sauce
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- 2Cut pizza dough into 4 equal pieces and roll each into a rectangle.
- 3Scatter the cheese and pepperoni over the dough and brush one of the long sides with a little egg wash.
- 4Starting with the long side away from you, roll the dough into a log and tuck the ends under. Slice the ‘log’ into bite-sized pieces and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 5Brush the pizza pretzels with the remaining egg wash and sprinkle with oregano and coarse salt. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- 6While the pizza pretzel is baking, warm the tomato/pizza sauce in the microwave or in a small saucepan set over medium heat.
- 7Serve the pizza pretzel bites with the sauce hot or at room temperature.