Moist and filled with healthy ingredients, these homemade Oatmeal Blueberry Flax muffins are a kid fave and simply irresistible. Perfect with breakfast, popped into a school lunch, and perfect to enjoy with a coffee on a lazy afternoon (if there is such a thing!)
Makes 12 Muffins
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp each baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground flaxmeal
- 1/2 cup thick rolled oats
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or buttermilk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F.
Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and flaxmeal. Set aside.
- 3In a small bowl stir together the rolled oats and yogurt.
Set aside for 5 minutes to let oats soak up moisture from yogurt.
- 4Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla until well combined.
Stir in oat and yogurt mixture.
Gradually stir in dry ingredients until just moistened.
Gently fold in blueberries.
- 5Spoon the batter into prepared muffins cups, filling each almost to the top.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a rack and cool completely before serving.
Tagged under: blueberries,muffin recipe,blueberry muffins,oatmeal blueberry flax muffins,muffin recipes