- 4 ripe bananas
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1-2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 oz dark chocolate chopped
Prep and Cook
- 1Peel the bananas and slice them into ½-inch thick rounds. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 2 hours (or as long as you like).
- 2Place banana slices, almond milk, peanut butter and maple syrup in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and puree until smooth and creamy. If the bananas aren’t processing properly, let the mixture rest for a minute or two to let the bananas thaw a little, then puree again.
- 3Add the chopped chocolate and pulse to incorporate. Spoon the ice cream into bowls and serve (the texture will be similar to soft frozen yogurt) or transfer to a lidded freezer-safe container and freeze for an hour or so, or until the mixture can be scooped.