- 1 prebaked thin shell pizza crust or flat bread
- 1 cup (250 ml) tomato sauce
- 5 slices of prosciutto
- 1 (8 oz) ball fresh buffalo mozzarella, drained and sliced
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1½ cups arugula (optional)
- Extra virgin olive oil
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2If you have one, slide a pizza stone into the oven.
- 3Spread sauce evenly over the top of the pizza base.
- 4Arrange slices of prosciutto, cheese and asparagus on top of the sauce.
- 5Slide the pizza onto the hot pizza stone (or pizza tray) in the oven and bake until asparagus is slightly browned, cheese has melted and crust is toasted, approximately 15 minutes.
- 6Remove pizza from the oven and cover the top with arugula and a splash of olive oil.
- 7Serve immediately with a roasted beet salad.
Tagged under: prosciutto pizza,Pizza,asparagus,roasted asparagus