Savoury Beef Kebabs
Heavily adapted from Gourmet magazine
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 lbs. sirloin flap or flatiron steak, cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Prep and Cook
- Stir together the oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, cumin, lemon zest and pepper in a bowl, and toss with the beef. Cover and chill for 2–8 hours.
- Prepare the grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-hot flames. Thread 4–6 pieces of beef onto each skewer, taking care to leave a little space between each piece. Transfer to a tray.
- Oil the grill rack and season the beef with salt. Cook, turning until browned but slightly pink inside, about 4 minutes.
- Served with grilled pita bread and tzatziki, if desired.