Grilled Caesar Salad
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp anchovy paste
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 6 Tbsp canola or safflower oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, halved
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup croutons
- 4 oz. shaved Parmesan cheese
Prep and Cook
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a mini food processor and process until smooth. (If you don't have a food processor, mince the garlic and place in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until combined.)
- Place the romaine hearts, cut sides down, on grill set over medium-high heat. Cover and cook until lettuce is grill marked and begins to wilt, 1–2 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and transfer to a cutting board. Quickly chop into 1-inch strands. Scatter the greens over the cutting board and top with crumbled bacon, croutons and Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately. Alternatively, place all of the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine. Top with the dressing and serve.