Makes 30 small truffles
- 1 package (270g) chocolate chips
- ½ cup 35% heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
Prep and Cook
- Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Warm the cream and butter in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. When bubbles begin to form around the perimeter of the pot, remove it from the heat and pour the liquid over the chocolate chips. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Gently stir the chocolate with a rubber spatula until completely smooth. If the chocolate hasn’t completely melted, place it in the microwave on high for 20 seconds, and stir.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Sift together the cocoa powder and powdered sugar onto a plate. Remove the chocolate from the fridge and, using your hands or a melon baller, form the chocolate into round bite-sized balls.
- Immediately roll the truffle in the cocoa and sugar mixture and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover and place in the fridge until firm. Store in the fridge for a few weeks or in the freezer for up to three months.