- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 540 ml (19 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2–4 Tbsp water
Prep and Cook
- 1Place the sweet potato pieces in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 12 minutes, or until fork tender. Remove from the stovetop and drain, setting aside until completely cool.
- 2Combine the sweet potato, chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, salt and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and blend until pureed. Add water, a tablespoon at a time, until the hummus is smooth and it has reached the desired thickness.
- 3Scoop into a lidded container and store in the fridge until ready to serve with sliced veggies, flat bread or crackers.