Our Tex-Mex muffins are savoury bites and basically a muffin-shaped meal. They’re perfect for school (or work) lunches and after-school snacks.
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup fresh or frozen (thawed) corn kernels
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup diced cooked chicken
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 375° degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, garlic powder, cumin, chilli powder, oregano and salt.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and 2/3 cup of the cheese.
- 4Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, just until combined. Fold in the corn, green onions and chicken.
- 5Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 13–15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Tagged under: recipes,lunches,toddler meals,toddler snacks,kids lunch ideas