- 1½ cups whole-wheat flour
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ⅓ cups packed brown or cane sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cups very cold butter, cut into cubes
- 3–4 Tbsp cold water
- ¾ cups jam, applesauce or other fruit preserves
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat the oven to 350˚F and spray an 8” x 8” baking pan with non-stick spray.
- 2In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, oats, sugar and salt, and pulse 8–10 times to mix.
- 3Scatter the cubed butter over the top and add 3 tablespoons of the water. Pulse until the dough holds together when pressed; add another tablespoon of water if needed.
- 4Pour half the dough mixture into the baking pan, spreading it evenly over the bottom, and press it down using the back of a spatula. Cover evenly with the jam. Sprinkle the remaining dough over the top of the preserves and press down.
- 5Bakes for 30–35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Cool and cut into bars. Store in an airtight container for 3 days, the fridge for a week or the freezer for 3 months.
Tagged under: snack bars,whole grain recipe,fruit bar,granola bars,healthy snack