Makes 16 cookies
- 1 batch of sugar cookie dough
- Pre-made white fondant
- Powdered sugar
- Light corn syrup
- Edible food markers
Prep and Cook
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make cookie dough as per recipe directions. Using a 3” x 3” square cookie cutter, cut out 16 cookies and place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 13 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through. Allow cookies to cool completely.
- 2Lightly cover work surface with powdered sugar. Knead fondant with hands until it’s smooth and pliable and resembles Play-Doh. Using a rolling pin, roll fondant to ¼” thickness and cut out 16 squares using the same cookie cutter.
- 3When cookies are cool, use a pastry brush and cover the top of each with light corn syrup. Press a piece of fondant onto one of the cookies, lining up the sides evenly. Repeat with remaining cookies and allow fondant-covered cookies to dry for 1 hour.
- 4Draw on the fondant with edible food markers to create an original masterpiece.
Similar Related Posts:
- June 22, 2017
Canadian Critter Cupcakes
Keep the kids busy as beavers with these easy to make and decorate beaver cupcakes that are worthy of any Canada Day celebration. You can use homemade or store-bought cupcakes and candy from the bulk food store to put this edible critter creation together.