- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground mustard powder
- 5 lbs. baby back ribs, trimmed of excess fat
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
Prep and Cook
- 1Combine all the ingredients for the dry rub in a small bowl and whisk together.
- 2Rub the ribs all over with the mixture, covering both sides. Let them stand at room temperature for an hour, or wrap them well in foil and refrigerate them for up to 24 hours to allow the flavours to be absorbed into the meat.
- 3Preheat the oven to 300°F. Place the ribs meat side up on a rimmed baking sheet, and cover the pan completely with foil. Bake for 2 hours. Remove the foil and slather the ribs generously with barbecue sauce. Return the baking pan to the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes, basting the meat with additional barbecue sauce halfway through the cooking time.
- 4Serve the ribs whole on a carving board, with or without a skeleton head placed at the top for a spooky effect.